Gideon develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our teams in Croatia, US and Germany, we have gathered 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 50+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering. We are an ambitious team of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Above all, we cherish the curiosity for understanding and solving our customer’s toughest mobile automation challenges. We are fast to deliver, have a team-first mindset, and we’re humbled to have the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners. Gideon is going through an exciting phase of rapid growth.
Scope of work:
We are looking for a motivated Senior System Engineer who will help our current team in the development of complex robotic systems. Unlike product managers, system engineering will focus on the technical aspect of product development, translating high-level stakeholder requirements to well-defined engineering requirements. While designing and describing system architecture the candidate will be in touch with every part of the robotic system. The workplace is very dynamic and will include many different and interesting tasks, defining system architecture, components, and their interfaces, learning from everyday cooperation with cross-functional teams.
- Define system components, their functions and interfaces (controllers, data acquisitions, simple – complex sensors, software interfaces between components)
- Investigate available off-the-shelf solutions meeting the set requirements or specify the requirements for the development of custom components fitting the overall product idea.
- Coordinate interfacing topics between multiple HW and SW teams focusing on the technical aspects of a specific product.
- Breaking down high-level features into systems and sub-systems level requirements
- Architecture concepts development, systems, and sub-systems functional topology creation
- Specification and definition of robot communication networks, hardwired connections and software interfaces during the product development cycle
- Close cooperation with suppliers in terms of component design, integration and testing
- Working with other product engineering departments, in order to understand systems functionality and expected interfaces.
- Documenting distributed systems and sub-systems functional requirements using appropriate tools.
- Based on the technical requirements, specify validation procedures to guide testing teams to verify product functionality in a formal way.
- Coordinate product change management activities (preliminary design review, critical design review, product updates) making sure that the architecture and requirements are preserved.
- Identify and quantify risk emerging from requirements, system components and interface definitions using formal methods (HZOP, FMEA, FTA)
- MSc/PhD in Electrical engineering or other related engineering fields.
- 2-4 years of experience with research and implementation of complex robotic systems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to systematically analyze specifications and requirements for various components.
- Experience writing and understanding high-level system requirements and ability to break down complex systems on an atomic level
- Experience eliciting high-level requirements from stakeholders with varying levels of technical proficiency
- Experience further developing requirements with highly technical engineering staff
- Experience with requirement management software
- Excellent communication skills in English
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Baby bonus.
- Health check-ups.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.