Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 4 doctors and 20 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer – C/C++ (Brain engine - Senior Software Architect - Autonomous Platform) for the both offices.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will be focused on creating and developing the next-generation autonomy stack. You will work with cross-functional teams, helping create the architecture that will represent the brain of the autonomous system with the ability to make safety critical decisions in a matter of milliseconds. You will need to thoroughly understand the problem space and work with cross-functional teams in order to design and implement solutions.
- Architect and develop software for the brain module of the full autonomy stack.
- Develop vision and direction for performance, reliability, and deployment of software on-board.
- Cooperation with system engineers and robotics domain engineers.
- Specification of internal and external interfaces.
- Improve and deliver reliable software automated testing and code reviews.
- Preparation of system documentation.
- Several years of industry work experience writing production-quality code in C++.
- Exceptional C/C++ architecture, debugging, performance, diagnostics measurement skills.
- Knowledge and experience in real-time, low latency applications, high-rate packet processing, and high-performance computing.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Kernel, Threading, Resource Management, Caching, and Profiling.
- Proficiency with Agile development and testing methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
- Work experience in robotics software and environments, including ROS, OpenCV, PCL, etc.
- Practical experience with sensors such as camera, Lidar and other autonomy-enabling systems.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.