Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 4 doctors and 20 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Senior Python Engineer for our Osijek Office.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will be responsible for building the robot control and management platform in an agile environment. We are looking for a non-quitter who will work closely with experienced robotics and web engineers and be involved in all development stages, from brainstorming with clients and stakeholders to the implementation of solutions.
If you’re interested in developing a robust robot environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to build revolutionary robot solutions.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and dynamic digital environment for our robot products, ensuring great functionalities and user experience.
• Design, specify, develop and maintain web based robot platform written in Python.
• Collaborate with robotics engineers, front-end developers and web designers to improve functionalities.
• Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers.
• Write functional requirement documents and guides, make project plans and effort estimates.
• Mentor, support and teach Junior Python developers.
• Proven work experience in Python.
• Experience with at least one of Python web frameworks such as Django, Flask, Tornado, etc.
• Experience development of RESTful API.
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
• Experience working with Git version control.
• Experience with database systems such as MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
• Knowledge of OOP principles and best design practices.
• Excellent analytical, multitasking and communication skills; fluency in English.
• Industry experience with robotics.
• Experience working in a ROS (Robot Operating System).
• Experience working in Big Data technologies.
• BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field.