Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 5 doctors and 27 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Lead/Senior Machine Learning Engineer for the both offices.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for developing the semantics of our autonomous system, which will help the robot to act reasonably. We are looking for a person who will work on development, pruning and deployment preparation of deep learning algorithms and balancing large amounts of data generated in a synthetic and real-world manner.
- Lead deep learning development activities for various tasks related to scene semantics.
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure to increase efficiency and research productivity.
- Develop pruning algorithms and routines for optimization purposes.
- Lead development of deep learning algorithms for on-boarding/deployment on embedded hardware.
- Communication with software and system engineers, anticipating potential issues with scaling and deployment.
- Leading and mentoring junior robotics/AI engineers in the field of deep learning.
- Strong foundations and experience in machine learning and nonlinear optimization.
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, etc.
- Demonstrated academic or industry experience in developing novel deep learning models.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience working with GPU servers in a high-performance computing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
- Experience working with large 3D robotic data sets, dataset management and annotation tools.
- Hands-on experience with sensor systems and sensor fusion including camera, lidar, etc.
- Industry experience in image processing.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field.