Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 5 doctors and 27 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Lead/Senior Computer Vision Engineer for our Zagreb office.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for developing computer vision algorithms based on stereo vision system. This will help the robot to act reasonably. We are looking for a person who will work on both low-level firmware and high-level computer vision components. The role will also include mentoring of less experienced technical team staff.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms based on stereo vision system.
- Improve capabilities of visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), scene reconstruction, state estimation, fusion with inertial sensors, etc.
- Develop firmware for stereo vision system.
- Work with unique datasets from extensive full-scale robot operation.
- Identify technical limitations and devise strategies to overcome them.
- Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff and management
- Good understanding of linear algebra, optimization, numerical methods and other basic algorithms
- Strong C/C++ and Python coding skills
- Strong engineering practices, coding by standards and good debugging skills
- Familiarity with Linux environment
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience with parallel computing libraries CUDA/OpenCL
- Experience with 3D depth estimation and camera calibration experience
- Experience working with large 3D robotic data sets, dataset management and annotation tools
- Hands-on experience with hardware and firmware development of systems with cameras
- Experience with the mainstream deep learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe
- Experience with development of visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), scene reconstruction, state estimation and fusion with inertial sensors
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field.