Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 70+ super-talented people, including ten PhDs and 45+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines.
We are looking for a Robotics QA Tester for our Zagreb office.
Scope of work:
As our Robotics QA Tester, you will be focused on field testing of our autonomous robots. Identifying bugs in an autonomous robot can be a challenging job as there is a lot going on “under the hood”. Your job will be to execute predefined tests, but also to look for issues beyond the scope of regular test cases. Testing is executed on real robots in our test facility in Radnička cesta, Zagreb (50 m from our offices).
- Execute tests on robots, find bugs, and document them.
- Precisely describe bugs and reproduce them.
- Test robotics solutions according to a given test scenario/test case, and report failures and attach relevant information (logs, bags, description).
- Propose solutions and improvements of the current testing methodology.
- Assist developers in replicating discovered bugs.
- Basics of UNIX/Linux.
- Familiarity with Jira or other bug tracking tools.
- Familiarity with software QA tools.
- Excellent English skills, especially in writing.
- Ability to write clear and precise bug reports.
- Proactive approach to bug testing in order to spot gaps & potential issues.
- A keen eye for details and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to organize your time efficiently and set priorities among various tasks.
- Interest in the robotics and AI field.
- Basics in programming (Python and C/C++).
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerization tools.
- Familiarity with automation electronic components (LiDAR, drive systems, etc.) or robotic solutions, as well as common libraries including ROS.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Baby bonus.
- Health check-ups.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.