Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 4 doctors and 20 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Zagreb office.
Scope of Work:
In this position, the candidate will be a part of our mechanical engineering team. The team is responsible for design, validation and testing activities for all functional parts and systems used in our robotic products and applications. The candidate must be able to work as a member of a small team. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about working on complex and exciting robotic systems of the future.
- Participation in development of custom mechanical solutions (ideation, embodiment, CAD design, system integration).
- Collaborative 3D CAD modelling, data management, production-ready technical documentation, under the supervision of a team lead.
- Development of subsystems using standard and custom parts, and integration into a cohesive platform architecture.
- Cross-functional team collaboration with product designers and electronics engineers.
- Active collaboration in project discussions and reviews.
- Communication with suppliers and subcontractors regarding manufacturing and supply requests.
- Providing status updates on tasks using our project management application.
- Minimum 2 years of mechanical engineering experience.
- Experience with 3D CAD software.
- Self-organizing and self-driven person with broad experience in mechanical engineering.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data when researching for new solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with robotics in general.
- General knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes.
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing techniques (CNC milling/turning, mold modeling and sheet metal forming).
- Experience with robot power transmission systems.
- Good prototyping capabilities and hands-on approach.
- MSc in Mechanical engineering