Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 4 doctors and 20 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Lead Embedded Engineer for the both offices.
Scope of Work:
In this position, you will be responsible for leading an embedded hardware and software development team. The team is responsible for design, validation and testing activities for a variety of embedded systems used in robotic applications. You must be able to lead a small team, both in terms of technical knowledge and management skills.
- Lead and organize the activities of a small team.
- Participate in development of embedded hardware and software (designing, coding, testing and integration).
- Prototype and test designed embedded systems in laboratory and field conditions.
- Participate in project discussion related to design and review.
- Close collaboration with the mechanical development team on integration tasks to properly design the outline and layout of the PCB.
- Organize production of embedded systems (documentation, BOM, assembly, communication with suppliers and subcontractors).
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in electronics development.
- Extensive knowledge in designing schematics and multilayer printed circuit boards along with choosing adequate components for various embedded subsystems. This includes, but is not limited to: microcontrollers, switching and linear power supplies, analog filtering and conditioning, analog/digital - input/output, galvanic isolation, memory, high power switching circuits, etc.
- Knowledge of various relevant peripherals in a microcontroller. Experience with debugging and troubleshooting an embedded system. Experience in writing firmware for low-level microcontrollers meeting strict coding standards and requirements.
- Experience with PCB layout that can minimize potential issues with EMC compatibility in the early design phase.
- Knowledge of various communication protocols, such as: Modbus, CAN, RS485/232, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, etc.
- Understanding of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and related concepts.
- Excellent software development capabilities, primarily C/C++. Good knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Familiarity with PCB design software, such as: Altium designer/Circuit studio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-organizing and self-driven person with broad experience in electrical engineering.
- Experience with robotics, in general.
- Experience with ARM Cortex M series microcontrollers.
- Experience with motor control and battery management systems.
- Understands the importance of mechanical integration.
- Good prototyping capabilities and hands-on approach.
- MS in Electrical Engineering.