Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 80+ super-talented people, including nine PhDs and 35+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Junior Machine Learning Engineer for our Zagreb office!
Scope of work:
In this position, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of the semantics components of our autonomous system. We are looking for a non-quitter who will work closely with experienced engineers and be involved in the optimization processes for the on-boarding of deep learning solutions.
- Analyse and collect data.
- Research and develop deep learning algorithms for scene semantics.
- Develop tools and infrastructure for quickly iterating between models and architectures.
- Development of optimization routines for pruning algorithms.
- Strong development skills in Python.
- Foundations and entry-level experience in machine learning and nonlinear optimization.
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, etc.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience working with Git version control.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
- Industry experience with machine learning.
- Experience with OpenCV or other computer vision libraries.
- Cloud-based environments; AWS, GCP.
- Hands-on experience with sensor systems such as cameras, Lidar, etc.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.