Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our offices in Zagreb and Osijek, we have gathered a team of 75 super-talented people, including 10 PhDs and 46 Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are looking for a Junior Computer Vision Engineer for our Zagreb office.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will participate in development of computer vision algorithms based on a stereo vision system. This will help the robot to act reasonably. We are looking for a person who will work on embedded software as well as high-level computer vision components.
- Participate in development of state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms based on the stereo vision system.
- Participate in the development of firmware for a stereo vision system.
- Work with unique datasets from extensive full-scale robot operation.
- Help identify technical limitations and devise strategies to overcome them.
- Solid foundation in linear algebra, optimization, numerical methods and other basic algorithms.
- C++ and Python coding skills.
- Basic proficiency in Linux environment (Ubuntu).
- Familiarity with Git or another source control tool.
- Interest in computer vision and strong affinity for learning.
- Experience with computer vision, especially stereo vision, plus libraries such as OpenCV.
- Experience with parallel computing libraries CUDA/OpenCL.
- Experience with robotics / ROS.
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems.
- Experience with the mainstream deep learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe.
- Student, BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Robotics or related field.