Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 9 doctors and 40 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Junior Computer Vision Engineer for the both offices.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will participate in development of computer vision algorithms based on a stereo vision system. This will help the robot to act reasonably. We are looking for a person who will work on embedded software as well as high-level computer vision components.
- Participate in development of state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms based on stereo vision systems: applications such as dense stereo reconstruction, feature tracking, visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), scene reconstruction, state estimation, fusion with inertial sensors, etc.
- Participate in development of firmware for a stereo vision system.
- Work with unique datasets from extensive full-scale robot operation.
- Help identify technical limitations and devise strategies to overcome them.
- Solid foundation in linear algebra, optimization, numerical methods and other basic algorithms
- C++ and Python coding skills
- Basic proficiency in Linux environment (Ubuntu)
- Familiarity with Git or another source control tool
- Interest in computer vision and strong affinity for learning
- Experience with computer vision, especially stereo vision, plus libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience with parallel computing libraries CUDA/OpenCL
- Experience with robotics / ROS
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems
- Experience with the mainstream deep learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe
- Experience with development of visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), scene reconstruction, state estimation and fusion with inertial sensors
- Student, BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Robotics or related field.