Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 5 doctors and 27 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek. We are looking for a Embedded Engineer for our Zagreb office.
Scope of Work:
In this position, you will participate in the development of embedded solution from hardware and software perspective. The team is responsible for design, validation and testing activities for a variety of embedded systems used in robotic applications.
- Participate in development of embedded hardware and software (designing, coding, testing and integration).
- Prototype and test designed embedded systems in laboratory and field conditions.
- Participate in project discussion related to design and review.
- Close collaboration with the mechanical development team on integration tasks to properly design the outline and layout of the PCB.
- Organize production of embedded systems (documentation, BOM, assembly, communication with suppliers and subcontractors).
- A minimum of 1 year experience in electronics development.
- Knowledge in designing schematics and multilayer printed circuit boards along with choosing adequate components for various embedded subsystems. This includes, but is not limited to: microcontrollers, switching and linear power supplies, analog filtering and conditioning, analog/digital - input/output, galvanic isolation, memory, high power switching circuits, etc.
- Knowledge of various relevant peripherals in a microcontroller. Experience with debugging and troubleshooting an embedded system. Experience in writing firmware for low-level microcontrollers meeting strict coding standards and requirements.
- Knowledge of various communication protocols, such as: Modbus, CAN, RS485/232, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, etc.
- Understanding of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and related concepts.
- Excellent software development capabilities, primarily C/C++. Good knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Familiarity with PCB design software, such as: Altium designer/Circuit studio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-organizing and self-driven person with broad experience in electrical engineering.
- Experience with ARM Cortex M series microcontrollers.
- Experience with motor control and battery management systems.
- Understands the importance of mechanical integration.
- Good prototyping capabilities and hands-on approach.
- MS in Electrical Engineering.