Gideon develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. In our teams in Croatia, US and Germany, we have gathered 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 50+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering. We are an ambitious team of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Above all, we cherish the curiosity for understanding and solving our customer’s toughest mobile automation challenges. We are fast to deliver, have a team-first mindset, and we’re humbled to have the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners.
Gideon is going through an exciting phase of rapid growth and we are looking for a Director of Product Quality (m/f) to join our growing team!
- Lead development of the phased Quality roadmap (addressing current needs and setting the foundation for future maturity).
- Define quality objectives per different product lines, including hardware and software products.
- Organize definition and delivery of detailed test plans, strategies, checklists and results. Determine resources and equipment needs to conduct testing.
- Establish and maintain Quality Management System for product testing in prototyping and release phases of the product lifecycle.
- Design and develop a Product Quality organization to enable the Quality roadmap.
- Hold responsibility for releasing products and verifying deliveries. Organize support for testing during various development phases & and final quality checks.
- Ensure production readiness of all new product development projects including system-level validation and reliability, supply chain readiness, installation quality control plans, etc.
- Provide mentorship, run cross-functional teams, assign actions, and follow-up to drive root cause and lasting corrective actions.
- Define and continuously execute a handshaking process with the internal manufacturing team for product handover for in-production testing phases.
- Facilitate learning & development initiatives including developing training materials and execute trainings for the Quality and other team members.
- Minimum of 8 years of Quality Management leadership experience with a background in high tech.
- Experience in software testing.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems on multiple abstraction levels.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal direction to achieve stretch goals.
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently with all levels of co-workers and management.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of code/release versioning tools.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Excellent English skills, especially in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Experience using Docker.
- Knowledge of Robot Operation System (ROS).
- Knowledge of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Experience with hardware testing.
- Knowledge of typical mechanical and electrical components used in robotic systems.
What we offer:
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.
Are you ready to join us? Drop us your CV and let's have a talk!