At Gideon Brothers, we believe flexible automation powered by self-driving robots and AI will unlock the vast hidden potential of the traditional industrial workplace. That’s why we build machines that see, think, move, and do useful things in dynamic industrial environments, helping their human co-workers. We need many curious and exceptionally bright people to accelerate the introduction of robots across the industries all over the world. That’s why we’re seeking a passionate and highly-organized Director of Human Resources to join our team and help us get there.
Gideon Brothers is going through an exciting phase of rapid growth. As our first Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for scaling our strategic and tactical HR efforts. This is your chance to make (a more automated) history!
- Understand our people, culture, vision, business objectives and technology products to create effective HR strategies, policies and processes.
- Partner with our leadership team to understand long-term organizational needs and execute HR strategies in support of those needs.
- Manage and continuously improve all people-related company operations: recruitment, hiring, onboarding, career and leadership development, retention, benefits program, performance management, compensation planning, offboarding, HRIS and legal compliance processes.
- Participate in building and executing an effective employer branding strategy. Champion our company culture and values internally and externally. Build a network of external academic and industrial HR partners.
- Make sure our employees have everything they need to be successful. Provide coaching and counsel to employees around all matters vital to them and the company.
- Investigate and resolve workplace disputes, harassments, grievances or ethics violations.
- Expand HR team over time.
- BA/BS degree with at least two years of experience in HR activities like recruitment, employee development, relations, retention and reward programs.
- Being an active team player with a proven track record of developing relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate independently in a high-energy, fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to work both on strategic and tactical projects – often within the same hour. Flexibility is critical in a startup.
- Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Not being afraid to roll up sleeves. You will have to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- HR experience in a rapidly changing technology startup environment is desirable.
About Gideon Brothers:
Gideon Brothers is a Croatian robotics company, founded in 2017.
In December 2018, Gideon Brothers unveiled the prototype of its first commercial product, an autonomous logistics robot that is being rolled out in pilot projects at three leading Croatian multinationals: Atlantic Grupa, Orbico and Tokić. The company also revealed its investors, from Croatia and abroad, who have so far invested a total of 16.3 million kuna (€2.2 million, US$2.5 million).
We are a 62-person team that includes 9 PhDs and 38 Masters of software, robotics and AI. We have offices in Zagreb and Osijek, Croatia.