Who we are:
Gideon Brothers develops autonomous, collaborative and modular robot platforms and autonomy technologies for unstructured, indoor, human environments. Our robots are designed to assist operations in various industries. Our current team includes 5 doctors and 27 Masters of hardware and software engineering and related disciplines. We are one of the largest robotics and autonomous technologies groups in Southeast Europe. Gideon Brothers has offices in Zagreb and Osijek.
Scope of work:
In this position, you will primarily be responsible for strengthening the relationship with customers’ operational staff through organizing and managing pilot projects and customer support activities. You will be the lead liaison between the customers’ operational staff and Gideon Brothers technical teams.
We are looking for a determined problem-solver who inspires confidence in our customers. You will work closely with our partners and customers, Gideon Brothers sales team, experienced robotics and web engineers and be involved in all development stages, from brainstorming with clients and stakeholders to the integration phases of Gideon autonomous mobile robots into logistic, warehousing and manufacturing environments.
- Customer support activities:
- Through all activities progressively promote Gideon Brothers’ vision and benefits of integrating autonomous mobile robots into customer environments and processes.
- Support and manage multiple customer project initiatives while handling multiple tasks in order to successfully meet all goals and deadlines. Document and communicate project status, changes, and other information to managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Manage advanced troubleshooting activities - use critical thinking skills to correctly recognize, assess, and resolve problems.
- Assist in technical support and troubleshooting activities.
- Support the production team with useful customer feedback.
- Develop customer relationships with Gideon Brothers’ business, sales, production and support teams.
- Travel to customers for pilot projects, training, and product demonstrations.
- Assist in building up local customer service centres and assist in handling associated operations.
- Design, build and execute successful pilot projects:
- Work together with our customers to discern exactly what their needs are and how Gideon Brothers' robots can best help in their success.
- Analyse, understand and simulate customer business and logistics data sets and information.
- Translate business and logistic operation requirements and problems into pilot project solutions.
- Partner evaluation (sales support):
- Understand account potential, technology in use, automation potential and business issues.
- Support the sales team in deal closing stage and during sales demos.
- Technical knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot technical and functional robotics problems.
- Familiarity with:
- Statistical methods and languages, data warehousing and BI platforms, databases and database querying languages.
- Data mining, cleaning, munging, visualization and reporting methods.
- Desired business skills:
- Analytic problem-solving: Employing best practices to analyse large amounts of data while maintaining intense attention to detail. Approaching high-level challenges with a clear eye on what is important and employing the right approach/methods.
- Effective communication: Using reports and presentations to explain complex technical and operational ideas and methods to Gideon Brothers’ customers and partners in English.
- Creative thinking and intellectual curiosity: Questioning established business practices and brainstorming new approaches to ensure customer pilot project success. Exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve problems.
- Industry knowledge (domain knowledge): Understanding what drives the logistics, warehousing and manufacturing industries and how autonomous mobile robots can contribute to their success and overall productivity.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Bonus point: Good interpersonal and communication skills in German, both spoken and written.
- Willingness to travel within Europe and other parts of the world.
- BSc or MSc in Robotics, Computer Science, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.