Gideon develops AI and 3D-vision based autonomous mobile robots for material handling in logistics, manufacturing, and other industrial environments. We are working with some of the biggest companies worldwide on automating their most complex material handling operations and enabling people to focus on what they do best, while robots take over the hard work.
We can describe our team of 100+ super-talented people, including twelve PhDs and 55+ Masters of robotics hardware and software engineering, as an ambitious group of constantly learning dreamers, with different backgrounds, skills and experiences, always curious and very excited and passionate about what we do. We’re thrilled about the opportunity to work with so many great colleagues, customers, and partners and above all, we cherish team spirit, kindness, new ideas and constant learning. We are looking for a Junior, Mid, and Senior C++ Engineer for our Zagreb office!
If you are interested to see how is it to work in our Autonomy Applications team, check out this short video and hear what our engineers say :) Join our Autonomy Applications Team! - YouTube
In this position, as a part of our Autonomy Applications team, you will be focused on creating and developing the next-generation autonomy stack. You will work with cross-functional teams, helping create the architecture that will represent the brain of the autonomous system with the ability to make safety-critical decisions in a matter of milliseconds. You will need to thoroughly understand the problem space and work with cross-functional teams in order to design and implement solutions.
- Architect and develop software for the brain module of the full autonomy stack.
- Develop vision and direction for performance, reliability, and deployment of software on-board.
- Cooperate with system engineers and robotics domain engineers.
- Specification of internal and external interfaces.
- Improve and deliver reliable automated software testing and code reviews.
- Prepare system documentation.
- Several years of industry work experience writing production-quality code in C++.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in C/C++ architecture, debugging, performance, diagnostics measurement skills.
- Knowledge and experience in real-time, low-latency applications, high-rate packet processing, and high-performance computing.
- Basic knowledge of Linux Kernel, Threading, Resource Management, Caching, and Profiling.
- Proficiency in Agile development and testing methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
What makes you stand out:
- Work experience in robotics software and environments, including ROS, Gazebo, Stage, etc.
- Practical experience with sensors such as camera, Lidar and other autonomy-enabling systems.
What we offer:
- Joining an R&D team working with state-of-the-art algorithms and helping develop breakthrough AI solutions in several fields, including computer vision, semantics, and navigation.
- Meal-subsidy program.
- Kindergarten allowance/Tourist voucher.
- Flexible working hours & the opportunity for occasional remote work.
- Baby bonus.
- Health check-ups.
- Christmas & Easter bonus.
- Internal talks - fun deep dives into different fields of expertise.
- Well-equipped testing hall right next to the Zagreb office.
- Exposure to the latest technology and top-notch tools.
- Relaxed and friendly working environment and supportive colleagues.
- Working in a dynamic and exciting industry and in a multidisciplinary environment open to cross-divisional collaboration.